Wednesday, November 4, 2009

How to Hang Art in a Grouping

I often get asked how to hang groups of art on a large wall and make it look good.
Here is one solution---

Here is the space BEFORE


AFTER
See how this group fills the space nicely.



This is how we did it:

1. First we laid out the art on the floor and experimented with what we liked and then decided to hang the group more random than lined up.
2. We started with the largest piece in the middle, and moved the others around it.
3. We kept the distance between each piece about the same.

See how it feels like a "Unit" rather than a number of framed pieces on the wall.


It creates a nice focal point and you are able to use a few smaller pieces to fill a large space rather than having just one larger scale piece.


Give this a try at your house, it will help to make a cozy room!

I am participating in Transformation Thursday at the Shabby Chic Cottage---go on over and take a look.

Also go and see Melissa's Beautiful Life

4 Comments:

  1. Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...
    It really does serve as a unit. Great job bringing the space together!
    Blue Creek Home said...
    Hi Angela,
    I so appreciate your kind words about my window treatment

    I tried doing the paper bag, cut out to match all the art sizes, putting those up first. I yanked them down and put the art up by eye.
    I do like your way of laying them out in the floor. I will try it next time I have a grouping to hang.
    Rhonda
    Delightful Dwelling said...
    I love that grouping, it looks great. Thanks for the tips!
    Gayle said...
    I think I can do that! Good tip.

Post a Comment