Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Create a Warm and Inviting Entry


I did a Studio 5 TV segment today:

6 Simple Steps to Create an Inviting Entry




1. Hang a Mirror
A mirror creates more light in the space and is nice to use as you come in and out of your home.

2. Have some kind of table.
If you have room, this is a great addition. It can be something you may not have considered (a dresser or an old sewing cabinet). If you have a small space and cannot fit a table, hang a shelf under a mirror, it works great as a place for your mail or your keys.

3. Put a lamp or a pair of lamps on the table.
It adds to the warm and inviting feel that you want to create.

4. Incorporate a natural element.
A plant or a vase of flowers works nicely!

5. If you have room---add a chair or two.
It is nice to have a place to sit while you are putting on your shoes.

6. Make it your style!
The entry is an introduction to your home.



Thank you so much
to Susan, Deanna, and Ann for letting us film in there homes!

6 Comments:

  1. Dianne said...
    Hi Angela
    I love your site! Lately though the TV segment is blocking your great advice. Please help:)
    Anonymous said...
    I should email my girlfriend about it.
    Anonymous said...
    Nice post & nice blog. I love both.
    Anonymous said...
    Hi Angela,

    I love your site as well. I have a question regarding your segment on Entry Ways. Where did the homeowner get those casings that hold her topiaries? I love the look. Were they custom built? Thank you.
    ImagineCozy said...
    Those lovely little niches came with the house. When the homeowner first purchased the home they were white, but as she changed things over to her own taste she gel stanined them dark brown.
    -Angela
    The Little Red Shop said...
    Hi Angela,
    I've been enjoying watching your segments. I just love decorating with little pops of red and shopping around my home for things to use in new contexts. Thank you so much for letting me know about your blog.

    Have a beautiful Monday!

    : )

    Julie M.

Post a Comment