Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Redesign with Old Sewing Tables

I have noticed recently that many of my clients have
"old sewing tables"
around thier homes that are not being used.
So I decided to post a few before and afters of rooms
with and without the sewing tables.

These first two photos are in my own house in the entry.
I was given this sewing table by my mother-in-law and it has been in my entry for years!

Here is a BEFORE of a living room. As we went through the house we discovered an old sewing table in the basement storage room. It had been passed on to the homeowner and she was never sure what to do with it.
While doing the room we realized that we could use this sewing table behind the couch as a sofa table.

So in this AFTER you really do not even see the table but it plays a very important part of the room redesign.


It worked perfectly as a place to hold plants, a lamp and some candles.

Love it . . . when you can shop the house and find something unexpected!



BEFORE


AFTER
We used this sewing table in the entry and it created such a nice welcoming feel.


It was originally in the family room holding the TV.
Nice improvement, don't you think?


BEFORE


AFTER
We were wanting to create a nice reading area and needed a table.
In the backyard storage shed we found the old sewing table and it worked great as an accessory table between the two chairs.



BEFORE


AFTER
This area became a comfortable reading nook.
We pulled the chair from the bedroom and the sewing table was in the basement covered with old videos.


Look around your house . . . maybe there is an old sewing table that you can put to use!!


I am participating in Works for me Wednesday,
go and take a look at what others ar working on!

Also check out Transformation Thursday at the Shabby Chic Cottage.


9 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    What great ideas! Those are some pretty sewing tables! I just had a garage sale and sold mine! It was rather plain but now you're making me wish I hadn't sold it.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)
    Sharon@Sharon at Home said...
    I thru out my sewing cabinet like that ... but I do have an old cast iron sewing machine base that I use as the base of my kitchen table .... too cute.
    ImagineCozy said...
    Who knows Shelia, maybe you will find one at someone else's yardsale!!
    -Angela
    ImagineCozy said...
    Sharon, I would love to see the table with the cast iron base.
    -Angela
    Natasha in Oz said...
    These are great before and after shots-it's surprising how a little table can make such a big decorating difference!
    Best wishes, NM.
    Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...
    So fun to see the comparison - thanks!
    Lindy D. said...
    I had a sewing table in my first living room. My roommate's mother gave it to her and we recovered the matching chair seat using a staple gun.

    Angela, what pretty green walls! Maybe you can give us a tour of your home someday.
    ImagineCozy said...
    Isn't it funny how many of us have one of those sewing tables in our history somewhere!

    Yes, I will have to give you a tour sometime. I am in the process of painting my kitchen, stairway and family room --- wow that takes some time! But oooh... it is a nice change.
    -Angela
    Tamera said...
    I am using one for a bedside table and have found another to compliment it on craig's list for $30!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Tamera@doubledelight

Post a Comment