Saturday, October 10, 2009

Today, we will be talking about arranging furniture ---"out of the box"!

BEFORE
It seems so logical to have the furniture line the walls.


AFTER
Change things up a bit by pulling the furniture away from the walls and trying it on an angle.


It can give your room a whole new look.


What a nice spot to read a book.


A sofa table behind the sofa can be seen.


Two end tables can be put together to create a unit with the art on the wall.


BEFORE


AFTER
All this was done with what the homeowner already had, how great is that!
Go and take a look around your house --- there has got to be a room you can try on an angle.
I am doing a segment on KSL TV, Studio 5 on Wednesday,
we are talking about angles --- there will be some fun video!
I will post it here this week.
I am participating in Metamorphasis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.
There are always some great before and afters!


15 Comments:

  1. southerninspiration said...
    My den is arranged much like this, and I love it! I wholeheartedly agree!!!

    Suzanne
    Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...
    The after looks just wonderful. It has so much more interest. Great job. Hugs, Marty
    Anonymous said...
    What a difference a little shifting has made! It looks terrific!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)
    Phyllis @Around the House said...
    I love changing things around, sometimes when I do that I get a whole different idea and I am off, sometimes I just take a picture and then I think wow that doesn't look the way I thought...thanks for sharing, love the new look...Iama new follower of yours come visit
    trish said...
    The spaces in the rooms look so nice! I especially like the decor! :o)
    nannykim at spindle cottage said...
    I agree! (however I drive my family nuts at times since I am always moving things....one of my daughter's friends said, "Every time I come to your house your living room has changed" ....I keep thinking I have found THE arrangement I like the best...and then I eventually move things again---it just makes you feel like you are in a different space or something.
    Lindy D. said...
    Wow!! What an amazing transformation! Hope they can live without the green towels.
    Miss Mustard Seed said...
    I love arranging furnitue at an angle. I always try it that way first to see if it will work. So much more interesting. Thanks for the tip and inspiration!
    janet said...
    Fantastic, sure makes a wonderful change. I tried to angle our sofa but the room is toooooooooo narrow, so i have had to angle smaller objects. Another great post!!!
    hugs
    janet
    Anonymous said...
    If you want quality Furniture , then visit spacify.com.
    Unknown said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Anonymous said...
    It is very interesting for me to read the article. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.
    Anonymous said...
    It was extremely interesting for me to read that post. Thank you for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more soon.
    Anonymous said...
    It is very interesting for me to read the post. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I would like to read more on that blog soon.
    Anonymous said...
    Nice fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Post a Comment