Thursday, February 5, 2009

These sunflowers brighten up this Family Room.

In this before photo --- the family room shows as a fun game area, but not as "cozy" as it could be.


With the addition of a few natural elements --- The vase of sun flowers, the green plant on the dresser, the yellow pot on the fireplace mantel and the little pot of sticks on the side table --- it gives you a different feel.

As you look at the before and after shots I want you to notice the other principles that we have talked about before.

What do you see that has created a more comfortable atmosphere?

  • Natural elements (plants, flowers, twigs)
  • Lighting (a couple of lamps)
  • Fabric (some throw pillows, and a blanket, as well as the rug).
  • Tables (end table, coffee table, tall slender cabinet on the far wall, a dresser)



Another vase with flowers!

See how great it goes next to lamp on an end table.


Living Room --- BEFORE


Living Room --- AFTER

We are looking at natural elements.

See the green plants on top of the shelf, and the flowers in the vase.

Also notice the other principles that we talked about before:

Rug, Pillows, Lighting, Tables

It all Makes a Difference!








4 Comments:

  1. Pedaling said...
    can i just say, i love love love how my basement looks down. i don't even mind going down there anymore. thanks so much for all of your help.
    it looks great!
    ImagineCozy said...
    You are so welcome, it was a great space to work with!
    Jamee said...
    Beautifully done, Angela!
    nikkicrumpet said...
    I came over from pedaling fast. You really did an amazing job on her home. I love to decorate and love changing my house around. I can see your new blog is going to be a wonderful place to get inspiration! I'm so glad I found you here! I wish I lived closer and could have you take a look at some of my trouble spots!

Post a Comment