Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My New Entry

It has been such fun for me to take all of these ideas and principles that I share with you and use them on a fresh new space!


This is the entry in my new home,  I am wanting to show you how you can use what you have already and how to add a few "new" items, to create a comfortable, cozy home.  I will explain!


This was the entry BEFORE
It was painted and I did lay the rug.  Both of those things can make such a difference. 
Now the rug---I knew that I wanted a large rug to soften up all of the tile in the large entry, and as you know when you have a new place you just want new everything.  But it all starts to add up. 

So I have been spending some time in the online classifieds in my area.  In my local area it is ksl.com.  Items are listed for sale and you can find almost anything.

I found this rug brand new for $70.00.  It was a color and style that I liked and it would go with items that I already had. 


AFTER


The cabinet next to the front door I was able to get for $100.00. It did have some dings and scratches but nothing I could not fix up.

The ornamental iron I also found on ksl.com, it had been used in staging a house and I got it for $5.00.  I love how it has similar patterns and colors as the rug.


These are plaster reliefs hanging above the door.


Here they are hanging in my other home.


As you move around the entry there is a wall that I arranged with family photos.


I will talk more about arranging photos in another post.


This grandfather clock was my parents.  They bought it in Germany when my father was in the service and I was a baby. When they recently moved they let me keep it in my home.  I love having it in the entry.  It is a precious heirloom to me.

As you continue around there is a bathroom (which I will talk more about in another post) and then the entrance into the kitchen.

The door at the end of the hallway is a bedroom.  I am standing there taking the next photo towards you.

BEFORE
Here is a shot from the bedroom door through the entry and into the living room.


AFTER
What a difference it can make adding some of your own personality to your home!

I am hoping that as I share different photos and ideas that it helps you to create a more cozy and comfortable home for your family.

Warmest Regards,
Angela

 
Many BEFORE and AFTERS to be had at Between Naps on the Porch!

5 Comments:

  1. The Tuscan Home said...
    WOW, what a transformation! You did an amazing job placing everything. The cabinet and the accessories look very elegant. I like the mirror above the cabinet too. Everything looks so warm and inviting. The picture arrangement looks great...which has given me a few ideas. Thanks for sharing! ~Liz
    Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...
    Your new home is just gorgeous, and what fabulous buys you have made. I absolutely love the rug and the clock is a wonderful heirloom. Gorgeous. I look forward to more of your home. Hugs, Marty
    Lizzylou said...
    Love it! Your new house looks so cozy!
    Lindy said...
    Your new home is so elegant. The heirloom clock is very special and adds a lot of character. I like the new color of your walls... it looks updated and fresh. I hope you will do a post about your window dressing, too.
    The Little Red Shop said...
    What a wonderful transformation. I love the mix of family heirlooms and thrifty finds. Your new rug and beloved clock fit so perfectly in their spaces! They look like they were just made for your beautiful home.

    Thank you so much for sharing!

    : )

    Julie M.

Post a Comment