Thursday, March 11, 2010

The New Place-- Before and After


Life has been full of all kinds of excitement. This week I had Lasik surgery on my eyes. What a miracle!  I had such a great experience. The good folks at Hoopes Vision in Sandy, Utah were remarkable.  It has been 28 years that I have been wearing contacts and now I can see the alarm clock in the morning without asking my husband what time it is---he is happy! 
But really I am thrilled!! Now on the the good stuff.

Finally --- a few photos of my new home!

I have to say this has been such a fun experience.  Starting with a fresh canvas!

This is the BEFORE lots of white walls!  Now, I moved from a home that had all kinds of color on the walls, so this time I decided to go more neutral and see how it felt.  We painted three different colors of taupe throughout the house.

AFTER - A little warm paint on the walls and some furniture.  Notice the lamps, yes - I do love lamps!


Kitchen BEFORE

Kitchen AFTER












Living Room

Entry

Sitting Room


So--- these are a few different spaces in my new home.
  I will be sharing some tips and ideas with you on what was new and what was old and some shots of my other house so you can see how we can use the original items in the new space.

It will be fun---so come on back!!


I am joining Transformation Thursday --- see what's happening over there.

8 Comments:

  1. Patricia said...
    Congrats on the surgery! Seeing better is a wonderful thing!

    I am so loving the pops of red in your home!
    It is beautiful!!
    How awesome it is to have a blank slate!

    Blessings
    Patricia
    Lizzylou said...
    It looks so beautiful, like a model home. You've got some skills!!! I love the warm feeling that it creates!
    Snap said...
    Beautiful! You did a great job!
    Jeanette said...
    Your home is just lovely.
    Emily {Frilly Details} said...
    What a beautiful space you have created! Great job :)
    Anonymous said...
    Hi Angela! Oh, your new home is so beautiful! Love how you've decorated it. I'm very proud for you and I'm not jealous a bit. No no Nannette! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;0
    Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...
    Your new home is gorgeous. I love the light color of the walls. I have all my walls and carpet a light shade of tan and it just allows me to use every color in the rainbow. I love how pretty your rooms are decorated. It is lovely. Hugs, Marty
    Pedaling said...
    i love before and after pics.

    so you went with the more neutrals this time- see how we are-
    i'm getting ready to paint a room all by myself- for the first time- pathetic i know- anyway, i love your colors- they inspired me in my search for what it is i'm looking for!
    thanks

Post a Comment