Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Today, I am showing you some ideas of what to put on an
end table, a sofa table or an accessory table.
(Many of these photos you may have seen before, but I want you to look with a specific purpose today.)

Notice what all of the tables have in common ---

Lighting
Natural Element
and
Some item that has a meaning to you.

This end table has a simple vase with flowers from the yard,
a frame with pictures of the kids and a lamp.
Notice the three different heights of the items.

This tabletop has a some books to elevate the sculpture and a lamp.
The natural element is a floor plant.



This little nightstand, has a little fabric, some white roses, a lamp and a decorative clock.


Notice the greenery, as well as the lamps.


Books can work great under a lamp as well.
The grouping on the table is best in 3's and 5's.


Lamp, Natural Element (plant)
and a couple of books.


When you can see the common theme in all of these photos it helps you to create your own!



Take a look at Melissa's Beautiful Life, and Julia's Hooked on Friday's.


15 Comments:

  1. Gayle said...
    As always wonderful wonderful practical examples. Thanks so much for educating me a little!
    Leila said...
    I think it's so helpful to be told what it is that makes something work...textures, heights, light...sometimes it's a lot to wrap your mind around!

    Thanks!

    And thanks for stopping by and saying nice things!
    Claudia said...
    Nice examples of odd numbers and heights.

    Always nice to stop by and say hi!!

    TTFN~~ Claudia ♥ ♥
    Nancy said...
    I've done the books under the lamp trick. Sometimes the lamp needs a little height.
    Maya said...
    I really like the idea of books underneath a lamp.
    Kitty Scraps said...
    Hello! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment *smiles* I just had to come visit you as well. And I'm so glad that I did! You have a wealth of knowledge posted on your blog that is so helpful for us non professional decorator types that are looking for practical examples of how to achieve a more designer look. I love how you explained tablescapes! And I already got an idea from your bathroom post on what to do with the moss covered frame I've made but didn't know how to display. I'm adding you to my blogroll, hope that's ok! Have a blessed weekend!
    Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...
    You're so good at accessorizing. It's something that I often have trouble with. It seems like I don't have enough "stuff."
    Bonnie said...
    Don't you just love accessorizing? It makes all the difference in everything! Table scapes are fun. The thing I dread is bookshelves. I do them all the time they are just not my favorites! Good post, Angela!
    Cindy said...
    Thank you for that, sometimes I feel so lost when trying to put together a table scape. I probably overdo it all of the time. Thanks, Hugs ~cindy s~
    Yellow Rose Arbor said...
    Great blog! You have a fun job, doing things I absolutely love to do - redesigning a room using "what you have!" I used to do this a lot for my friends. This is also why I enjoy doing my tablescapes so much (using what I have and not buying much!)

    I'll be back!

    Katherine
    Pauline Wiles said...
    Thank you; I think even I can get this one right!
    Unknown said...
    Thanks for sharing - definitely going to add more "natural" to my tables.

    Hi from N Ireland.
    Fifi Flowers said...
    Accesories definitely make a difference in a room!
    Rhondi said...
    Hi Angela
    I like the name of your blog! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
    Hugs, Rhondi
    Holly said...
    Books are one of my favorite decorating accessories! I use them often for height. I have a bunch of old ones that I've been using just for that for years, but recently thought to start looking for nice old hardcovers at thrift stores to add to my collection.

Post a Comment