Monday, December 14, 2009

How to Decorate Using Red


How to Decorate Using Red ---
Today's Studio 5 Segment


Why use red?

Adding a little red to a room gives the space LIFE!

It creates a pop and a finishing touch. Because red is a more intense color, less of it is needed to create an effect. Some designers say you should use red in every room. I'm a believer you should at least try red in every room. Depending on the shade, red has the potential to accent nearly every color scheme and design. It does not have to be an overwhelming addition, such as a large piece of red furniture (although I'm in love with my own red couch!).

Even small pops of color and accents can add an element of interest and even unexpected surprise to your style. You would be surprised at all the little red items you can find around your house, and you don't have to spend a dime!


5 Comments:

  1. Donna said...
    Hi,
    Thanks for posting this video. I love red. It just makes me happy.

    D
    Anny said...
    I have a red couch too :D

    Its spread throughout my entire home! I love your living room redesign. You're right, I see that brown living room setup everywhere these days :(
    Kati @ Housewife_Swagger said...
    I just sat here for the past few hours reading all of your tips!! I've been teaching myself some tips, and you've helped me perfect it (once I go shopping!)
    I am thrilled to have gone through your entire blog these past few hours, and can't wait to incorporate all of your helpful design ideas!!!
    Thank you for making this possible!!
    Happy Holidays!
    Mrs Nancy said...
    I really enjoy looking at your wonderful decorating Ideas! Have a Merry Christmas!
    ImagineCozy said...
    Kate, I am so glad that you have found some ideas that you like --- And I am impressed that you went through the whole thing!!

    Thank you for letting me know that it has been helpful. And remember to take before and after pictures it is amazing what a difference it makes, then send me some I would love to see what you have done.

    Happy holidays to you too.
    -Angela

Post a Comment