Monday, February 8, 2010

Hang a Few Things on the Wall

Well--- Moving is a BIG job!
I am finally beginning to crawl out of the boxes.
I will be posting pictures of my new place soon, but for now here are a few more photos from a client who downsized and moved to a new place.

When you move it does not start to feel like home until you can get a few things on the wall. It is so common to have pictures and art propped against the wall for months.


Your walls can be beautifully painted but feel blank.
Like this BEFORE shot.

Even if you take one or two pieces and hang them up ---

it will feel better!

AFTER
See... it really does make a difference. And this is just the hallway!

I am joining in
Met Monday over at Between Naps on the Porch.
Go and have a look.

9 Comments:

  1. Jeanette said...
    Yes a huge difference!
    KimMalk said...
    Good for you. I like the wreath wall art. I'm sure you are looking forward to settling in with new decorating ideas and challenges.
    ImagineCozy said...
    Kim, you are so right! There really are different challenges and exciting new possibilities when you move.
    Dianne said...
    Angela, I am eagerly awaiting all your decorating ideas in your new home. I know you are really busy, but I have really missed your blogging!!!
    The hallway surely does look so much nicer.
    chris said...
    I am wondering if you did the paint. It looks faux-ish. I painted my walls "straw" from Sherwin Williams. I think thats the name, anyway, I painted it about4 years ago and I am just not happy with how yellow it looks. It is supposed to look warm and golden. It seemed that way for awhile but now it seems yellowy. I was wondering about lightening it up in a wash way or faux way. I don't want to go darker since my kitchen is "Arabian red" from Dunn Edwards. I like bold and am not afraid of paint or color but I just don't want to repaint completely.

    help me if you can woman!

    Thanks,
    a new reader
    Down Comforter said...
    Hi, I follow your blog for a long time and must tell you that your posts always prove to be of a high value and quality for readers. Keep it up.
    Julie Harward said...
    Love it...I do that too. I think the eye can tell us a lot if we'll just look and feel and listen! Come say hi sometime :D
    ImagineCozy said...
    Thank you all for your kind words! It has been such a challenge to get to my blog! Moving disrupts everything!! The computer was down for awhile and just getting it all hooked back up, with all of the photos has been fun!

    I did not do the paint, but it was a beautiful gold from KWAL with an oil based glaze over the top.
    Tammy@InStitches said...
    I can't wait to see what you do to your new house. Thanks for the nice comments on my bedroom.

Post a Comment