Monday, February 15, 2010


Okay --- I am still working on putting things together at my new home, I promise to get you pictures soon. For now here are a few ideas for above your kitchen cabinets---

Here are a few ideas for above the kitchen cabinets or on shelves in the kitchen.

We used fresh GREEN and WHITE --- which is a nice way to give you a lift in the middle of winter!
These were just regular plates out of her kitchen cabinet, we just propped them up as part of the display.

Notice the odd numbers and the different heights. We also added a couple of natural elements
---the ball with little green berries and the small twig ball.


This was on a shelf in the same kitchen. The clock has similar decorative iron, and a little greenery softens it up.

This grouping is in 3's and the green artichoke follows the theme color.


More white plates out of the kitchen cupboard with a little green grass and a green candle.


Above the cabinets, a large platter works because of the high ceiling.

We made a grouping of 3 ---added some greenery
and the ornamental iron ties in with the other pieces in the kitchen.



We did all of this using what the homeowner had in her home already.


Try a few plates from your cupboard with a little greenery and see what you can come up with!


I am participating in a blog party over at Metamorphisis Monday

Go and take a look at some fun posts.


4 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    I love the green and white. Very easy to copy examples...:)
    Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...
    All of your pieces are just gorgeous. I love them all. Great vignettes. Hugs, Marty
    Dianne said...
    Very nice ideas!! I can hardly wait to see your new home.
    I used to never like the color green or brown. Now as I am getting older(and wiser?) I like those colors.
    You say to decorate in groups of 3 or 5 etc. In your vignette with the green berries, the cup counts as 1 with the berries? Or the 3 books as one ? I am using some of your ideas in my own home and am liking it!
    ImagineCozy said...
    Yes Dianne, I count the berryball in the cup as one. And the stack of three books as one unit. I am so glad you are finding that you can use these ideas at home. That is why I do this!
    Happy decorating, Angela

Post a Comment