Monday, May 4, 2009

What says "Welcome to my House?"

In my last post I showed these photos and asked ---
"What makes these entry ways welcoming?"

Yes, lamps really do add life to a space and say
"Come on in."

Also see how we created a "Unit" a grouping of items:
the dresser,
the lamp,
books
the flowers
and a piece of art.




All of these entries have a lamp and a
natural element.

I love mirrors in an entry, they work great when you have a very small space and cannot put a table --- just hang a mirror and it feels welcoming.


Notice the lamp and the flowers.

If you have space it is nice to add a few more accessories and a chair with a pillow.

Also do you see how they are grouped --- a piece of art, a lamp, some flowers, books, a frame, a couple of glass vases.



If you have a little less space, use a small table with a lamp and a natural element.

See how the artwork is grouped with the table ---
It works. . . and it says . . .

"Welcome to my House"



A home redo challenge go and enter at Shortmama.

7 Comments:

  1. shortmama said...
    I have loved checking out your site. It fits perfectly with what I had in mind and what I hope people will do with their rooms during the redo challenge. Thanks for linking up to me! This Friday I am going to do a post just as a reminder of things and a check in and I am going to do a link to your website so that ladies can come by and get some ideas!
    Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...
    What lovely entries. They all say welcome and come on in. Regardless of the style, they are interesting and give a person a peek inside the rest of the house. Lovely post. So glad I found your blog. Hugs, Marty
    janet said...
    Angela, i have learned about your blog through Dawn at Eventually Cottage. I absolutely love your blog (still have more looking, i think i will be here for a while..lol) I think your blog is great because it shows ways of changing things up without making more purchases, ecspecially in todays economy. I love the idea that you show real homes, and what i mean by that is homes that most of us live in (not magazine homes) and the makeovers are simple but add a hugh impact. Keep up the fantastic blog, im off to admire the rest of your blog and so far im loving the entries.
    hugs
    janet
    Gayle@Mountain Moma said...
    Love the ideas! Nice practical ideas that anyone could use. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog, I'll have to stop by often for a visit. Blessings,
    Gayle
    janet said...
    hi Angela, im glad you found your way to my blog, and thank you for the anniversary wishes. I can hardly wait to see what you post next, i have had such fun looking and reading your blog,
    hugs
    janet
    janet said...
    oops, by the way, happy belated anniversary to you and your husband.
    hugs
    janet
    Tanielle said...
    O.K. I love it here!!!! Thanks for commenting on my post of the redo challenge at shortmama's, I am so glad you did! I will be spending a lot of time here!:-)

Post a Comment