Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cozy Little Girl's Room


What makes this little girl room so inviting?

In this first photo you immediately feel the softening of the space because of fabric:
Pillows -- Curtains -- Blankets



On the dresser we placed a lamp and turned it on.

We created a "unit" or grouping with
the little shelf, the wall hangings and the items placed on the dresser.



Notice the little detail of the flying butterflies over the crib.
We also took the matching quilt and just tacked it on the wall, it helps to soften the space.


We added a little pot of flowers on the shelf ---
Notice the odd number of items and that they are at different heights.



Pillows and blankets always make the bedroom feel inviting.



These little pink glass knobs are a fun detail.



The little pot of grass with the flower adds a Natural Element.



See the two pieces of art over the chair --- when you hang them vertically, they create a unit with the chair

So there you have it --- a very inviting little bedroom!



Go on over to Julia's Hooked on Fridays and Melissa's Beautiful Life

Blog parties you will see all kinds of fun stuff!



17 Comments:

  1. janet said...
    aww, this room is soooooooo adorable, i miss the days when i could dress my girls rooms.
    hugs
    janet
    Zipdinger said...
    I love this! I always have the hardest time making my nurseries look complete. This post has some great ideas! Thank you!!
    Mrs. Petrie said...
    I just love baby girl nurseries! This one is adorable.
    P. said...
    It's so beautiful and feminine.
    Well done.

    Alfazema
    The Stylish House said...
    Hi Angela,
    I found you via Hooked on Houses. What a sweet nursery you have created for one lucky little lady~
    ~Cathy~
    Anonymous said...
    What a darling room! I love all the fun details that you shared!
    Alisa said...
    I love your ideas. Thanks so much for sharing them. I've learned a lot from you.
    Jenny said...
    Very cute!
    Chubby Chieque said...
    What a wonderful & gorgeous nursery. How I wish I could have one §:-))

    Great job!
    DesignTies said...
    Very pretty :-) Love the pink glass knobs on the closet doors :-)

    The little shelf really illustrates how grouping together an odd number of items at different heights is really pleasing to the eye.

    Kelly @ DesignTies
    A Beach House Dreamer said...
    Any little girl growing up in this lovely space is bound to become an interior designer!
    Holly said...
    What a pretty room!
    I've newly discovered your blog and have an award for you at my blog!
    ImagineCozy said...
    Thank You Holly, ---How fun is that!
    Anonymous said...
    My daughter now went in and did her own room by herself! She put her pictures in "units" and put a blanket on the floor to make a rug. She has been devestated that I don't have three lamps for her room though! Maybe we will hit the thrift shop. She took pics too: http://simplesupermom.blogspot.com/2009/06/comfy-cozy-daughters-room-all-by.html
    ImagineCozy said...
    Wow! I am so thrilled with your daughter's excitement and her after results.

    I have to say I have never had such a bright little girl in any of my classes before. She is so inspiring, and for sure she has down a number of the principles. You should have no problem making your home cozy and comfortable with that kind of a motivating factor.
    Heather D. House said...
    Beautiful room! I was wondering if you could post the paint color? This looks like a perfect taupe and doesn't look too pink, which is my problem when I pick out these taupes and tans. Thanks!
    ImagineCozy said...
    Heather, the paint color is Desert Fawn by Kwal Howell. Hope that helps.

Post a Comment