Monday, May 31, 2010


We just painted and redesigned this Family Room.

It needed to have something larger to put on this wall --- so we decided to take a number of smaller items and create a grouping.


Here is the BEFORE --- the wall that the grouping is now on
is where the entertainment  center is in this photo.


AFTER ---
We took out a number of items and decluttered. The paint really added some warmth.
See how nice the grouping works on the right wall.

It feels like a whole different room!


When you need to fill a larger space on a wall, it works to take a number of framed photos and artwork or other items of interest and place them together as a group rather than spread them across the wall.

With this group we added a wreath which is more 3 dimensional and adds some texture and interest.  We also found two metal frames that had similar design.

I layed them out on the floor and tried different arrangements.  Once I decided on the one I liked the best we just hung it on the wall!

Try GROUPINGS when you need to fill a larger space rather than placing one framed picture on the wall or trying to spread out a few that are just too small.

I am linking up with Susan at Between Naps on the Porch
there are some fun Before and Afters!

4 Comments:

  1. Tina said...
    One of my favorite things about your new grouping is the arrangement on the bookshelf. Can you teach us a bit about how to organize and group things on bookshelves? Thanks for your website!
    Connie said...
    I always love your decorating tips. That family room looks so much better. I agree, decluttering makes a HUGE difference and I am always up for re-arranging furniture to freshen up a room. Great post.
    Kari said...
    The family room looks great! I love how you included the before and after shots! Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out my cheap wall art! :)
    ImagineCozy said...
    I have a couple of posts on how to decorate bookshelves. Look under Catagories and it is labeled: Bookshelves.

    I would be happy to do a few more!

Post a Comment