Monday, April 26, 2010

Add a chair or two and you will be amazed at how much personality it creates.

This chair was found in the classifieds and was a perfect fit for the room.


Notice how these two chairs do not match but they look great with the other decor.
Do not feel like your chairs have to match --- this way you can add a thrift store chair with your expensive designer sofa,  or your grandmas rocker with a favorite overstuffed chair.

The Key is to have similar colors or patterns that  are going on throughout the space.

These bold blue chairs really add some personality to this room!


Here are a couple of dining chairs that work great in the entry.


Chairs can be expensive but these two I found in the classifieds --- the leather chair was $170.00 and the chair and ottoman $100.00.  So keep your eyes open for these kind of deals and you can make your room much more versitile!


These two chairs match ... and don't they make a statement.



This room has a number of chairs and it creates a very different feeling than if you were to use a sofa and a love seat.
See how the ottomans do not match the color of the chair but it looks good.


Look at chairs a little differently and see what you might change up at your house!

I am joining the blog party at Between Naps on the Porch
go and take a look

4 Comments:

  1. Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...
    Oh I do have a chair fettish. I always find chairs that I love, I am just out of room totally. One more chair and the house will collapse. I love to mix them all up and you have shown some wonderful examples. Beautiful. Hugs, Marty
    Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...
    great post! I love chairs, too! I have become a follower and would be honored if you choose to do the same! until later...
    Dena Pickle said...
    I loooove chairs! I actually think I have too many for my house but I just can't resist a great shaped chair especially old dining chairs.
    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    dena
    sweet pickles and chocolate
    Lindy said...
    I love the two brown chairs you found.
    What a deal!! They look great together.

Post a Comment