Thursday, January 7, 2010

Redecorate a Shelf

Sometimes, something as small as a shelf with a redesign
can lift your spirits.
It is always so nice in January to redo something!

This is my shelf BEFORE and I liked it okay-but wanted to make a few little changes.

I shopped for the red pot in my bedroom, the little pears and the red berries were mixed in a bottle of all kinds of fruit and gourds that I picked up at a yard sale this summer for a dollar!
The candles were at a thrift store .50 cents each as well as the little holders.
And the green plate was .75 cents.
Everything else was already on the shelf.

You can hardly notice but I did paint the wall a lovely warm gold.
Before it was a washed on light yellow.


I did buy the leaves and berries on the candles new, but on clearance.
It felt so great!!

A little redesign at so little cost.







So take an hour and redecorate a shelf in your home ---
You will feel great!!

I am participating in Transformation Thursday, there are a lot of fun things to see.

5 Comments:

  1. Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...
    Oh it looks just gorgeous. I am so in the mood to change things up a bit. You did a wonderful job, I love the pop of yellow too. Great shelf. Hugs, Marty
    C.J. said...
    I love the changes you made! Happy 2010!
    Carmen said...
    I have been looking for some botanical prints for my dining room like the ones you have. Can you please tell me where you got them?
    gail@My Repurposed Life said...
    cute! I like the way it looks! My home needs more than a shelf makeover! Going to try to makeover the living room in the next month!
    gail
    WhisperWood Cottage said...
    Great mix of materials!!

Post a Comment