Monday, January 4, 2010

After Christmas is the perfect time to rearrange a few things. The Christmas tree is now gone and all of the decorations have been put away. (well in my case that is supposed to happen today!)
The new year is here and a great time for a fresh start.
Look around your space and see what you can change up.


BEFORE
This living room just had all of the Christmas decor put away and it is looking a little bare.

AFTER
We just changed up a few things and then added in accessories ---
What a difference in the comfort level!

We removed the mirror above the fireplace and replaced it with a painting. (they just changed places)

So what made the difference?

Pillows
Rug
Table
Plants
Red Accessories

Books

BEFORE

AFTER
Notice the plants, the pillow on the chair, and the lamp --- the red platter is very eye catching.


So ...we cozied up the space by adding a few items that she already had around the house.

You can do it too!


Look around your home and see how you could make your room feel better--- now that all the Christmas fun is put away.


Come and see all of the Before and Afters today over at Between Naps on the Porch


7 Comments:

  1. Jeanette said...
    It looks just lovely. I used to have an'eye' for making things work but I don't anymore. I know these pictures are just stunning so I don't know why I can't arrange my own home anymore.
    ImagineCozy said...
    Jeanette, that is why I do this blog --- to give you tips and ideas so that you can try them in your own home. So keep coming back and I will continue to share, maybe it will get some of those creative juices flowin!

    Thanks so much,
    Angela
    Kati @ Housewife_Swagger said...
    beautifully done!!!
    I am just starting to get everything put together, would you tell me now that I've moved my curtains up higher, is there a certain width the rod should be on each side of the window? I hope I'm making sense there. LOL
    ImagineCozy said...
    Hi Kati,

    I like to pull the rod 6-8" out on either side of the window, so that your curtains are framing the window, but actually covering the wall. I do this because it brings in more light and gives the illusion that the window is bigger.

    Hope you are having fun putting everything the way you want it! Thanks for your comment.
    -Angela
    Terry said...
    Wow, I like that red lampshade.
    C.J. said...
    hi, just found your blog and I really like it! I am a home stager in Buffalo, NY. I would love it if you would take a look at my blog and follow it. I will check back every day, I think its very important to learn from everyone. Thanks again. Carol

    Designs for You
    http://wwwbeenblogged.blogspot.com/
    Katie@Yoga Gal said...
    I love how warm everything is. And your mantle is just gorgeous! :D I am a new follower, I love your decor.

Post a Comment