Thursday, February 16, 2012
So what can you learn from looking at this great
Let's to go through the space and talk about
what design principles you can use from this example.
In the above photo the furniture is gathered around the
center of the room facing the fireplace which
is the focal point of the room.
It creates a wonderful conversation area.
1. Converstion Area (the furniture is balanced in the space)
2. Three Lamps in a triangle pattern.
3. Similar Patterns and Colors throughout the space.
4. See how the Rug anchors the furniture.
5. Natural Elements
6. Notice the Different Textures on the table...
wicker basket, the wooden boxes
as well as the shiny glass candlesticks.
And of course books...I love books in a room.
(the different toss pillows)
8. Staggering the heights of the items on the coffee table
makes it more pleasing to the eye.
See how you can take ideas from this beautifully designed
Dream Home and use a few in your own home!!
Try at least one in your house today!