Thursday, May 28, 2009

This post is for all of you who have a big sectional sofa, a fireplace and an entertainment center in your family room.


BEFORE - There are times when the furniture will just not work any other way.

So . . . what do you do to make the difference?

You work with the accessories and help to create
focal points and balance.

AFTER - We did move the entertainment center about a foot to the left, see how it is not so crowded in the corner now. There is more of a balanced feel on that wall.
We centered the clock over the entertainment center and brought in a few other accessories to create a "Unit" or grouping.
It now feels more balanced and like more of a focal point. Also notice the lamp.
It really does add life to the space.


BEFORE - The picture above the fireplace is not quite large enough in scale.



AFTER- We brought in a few more pieces and propped them up together. The FAMILY sign above them all added to the grouping, and gave it more substance to balance the fireplace.



BEFORE- This corner needed a little life.



AFTER- The RED really gave it a pop!



BEFORE- We just moved the red items to a different spot.



AFTER- And replaced them with a nice iron detail.



BEFORE- Notice the rug and above the china hutch.



What did we do?
The red patterned pillows we found in the living room ---
They worked great in tying the red throughout the room.
In this shot you can also see the angle of the rug.
It just made for a little different feel.
Above the china hutch we put some greenery that we found in the basement, and we added a little lamp.
Wow! Doesn't that bring some life to that space.
See what a difference
Little changes can make!




Check out Hooked on Friday's and Beautiful Life



16 Comments:

  1. Terry said...
    Found your blog through The Inspired Room - what a great blog you have! Love all the pictures to show what can be done to vamp up a room with little to no money!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Chubby Chieque said...
    OMG! smart idea. How I wish you could help me to sort my lounge too §:-))

    Both hubby & daughter hates petité lounge. But I can't see how to my furniture togeher to the right spots.

    Ahhh...I wish am just around in the vicinity, so you can just drop by.

    Any idea?

    Hope you have a great Friday!!!
    Terry said...
    I like how you are just doing it. I'm afraid to move anything. We do have a design friend whole come over and rearrange things, as you do. Small change like yours really pump thing up.
    Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...
    Great changes, it is so fun to play around with just some minor tweaking!
    Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...
    These may be little changes, but they made a huge difference. Love them. Hugs, Marty
    Daly Essentials said...
    I love when little tweaks can make all the difference!! You've done such a nice job!
    Astrid in Bristling Acres said...
    Oh my! It really is the little things that can make such a big difference. Amazing!
    Pauline Wiles said...
    Clever posting, you're right, sometimes furniture has to stay where it is.
    Having lived in England (tiny space) lots of the art I own is small scale. I liked how it looked when you grouped it on the mantelpiece - thank you for the ideas!
    ImagineCozy said...
    Richie, I wish you were closer too --- then I could bop on over and have a look! I'm hoping that I am giving many examples and that something you are struggling with will be addressed in some way. Be brave --- just try a couple of principles and see what happens!
    Teresa said...
    It's nice to see how just a few simple touches can change a room- thanks for reminding me that it's now always about moving the furniture-
    Donna said...
    Your blog is so helpful! Thank you.
    D
    Decor To Adore said...
    The touches of red just breathed life into the room.
    Joanie @ The Bright Side said...
    I just LOVE this post. I can't believe what a difference those little changes made to the space. I was especially impressed by how moving the clock over the entertainment center made it look so much better. That is amazing to me. I never thought such little changes could have such an impact! Thanks for the great ideas!
    ImagineCozy said...
    Thanks, Joanie ---
    It really is amazing what a difference Little changes can make. I so love seeing the before pictures right next to the after, because even when I am doing the room you don't realize how much of a change is really made.
    Anonymous said...
    Wow, I can't believe what a difference those tiny changes made. I am one of those people with a large sectional and a fireplace (but a window instead of a bookcase.) I am going to implement some of your ideas!
    timbuck2mom said...
    Love it! Great job.

Post a Comment